Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Project 365, Day 4

Using one of my lifelines early here. I knew it'd be tough figuring out what to take a picture of each day, but I didn't realize I'd be stuck taking pictures of crossword puzzles to fill the void.

Then again, this is an accomplishment -- after falling miserably out of practice (safe for the Friday puzzle that Sarah and I managed to plod through), I managed to complete a puzzle solo*, even if it was only a Monday puzzle. (Compared to the weekend puzzles, Mondays almost seem like freebies.) It seems appropriate that the first of these I worked on by myself would include the answer "Yale" (14 across, "Harvard rival").

Click to get the full-effect -- the lack of discernible eraser marks and my font-like caps lock handwriting.
EDIT: Upon further review, there are a LOT of discernible eraser marks. I suppose it's good that I'm not yet confident enough to go back to doing these in pen.

The puzzle includes a quote that they say is relevant to crossword solvers, but I find it works for anyone who's ever been to college: "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Thank you, Bertrand Russell, for enabling my procrastination.

* I say "solo", but I can't take complete credit; I did have to ask Katie for help on one clue. For some reason, it completely slipped my mind that "Old Japanese assassin" could possibly be "ninja". Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment