Saturday, January 2, 2010

oh, ten

So. Hi, blog.

It's been a while since I've talked to you about anything other than math. I'm sorry about that. As it turns out, grad school eats souls. Its gaping maw devoured any free time I otherwise would have devoted to keeping my readers enthralled with stories of how freaking busy I was all semester long.

But in the tradition of New Years' and all that goes along with it*, I figured I would resurrect the blog and maybe let y'all devoted followers (I believe there are four of you? Good show!) know how I'm doing, what I'm up to, and any craaaaazy thoughts and ideas I might be having.

* Let it be known that I don't actually believe in New Years' resolutions, or the celebration of New Years' Day in general. (Actually, I could expand this into a whole post of its own, so I'll stop short of describing exactly why I feel this way... for now.) It's just a very convenient excuse for me to be resurrection the blog at this particular time, so I'll roll with it.

I believe the first thing I'm going to do is start posting pictures every so often. I doubt I'll be able to expand it into a full Project 365 as I was originally intending -- let's face it, folks, my life ain't interesting enough to be posting a new picture every day -- but hopefully I can be a little more interesting than what you've gotten so far. Not that the math stuff wasn't interesting (I actually came to like that technology course), but it's interesting for a certain audience. I know those of you out there who would sooner sign up for an unnecessary root canal than ponder math on your free time.

Being that it's now 2010, if I do manage to expand this into a Project 365, I figure January 1st is a good place to start. (I know it's January 2nd now. Hush. The picture was taken on January 1st and that's what's [mildly] important.) Somewhat fitting that the first picture on this blog in 2010 is my first meal in 2010, a feast of epic proportions.


In hindsight, I probably should've taken the top off of the hotcakes and sausage, to give the full effect. (Say what you will about me being generic; hotcakes are freaking delicious. That alone could be another blog post, too. Endless possibilities now that I have free time again!)

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, grad school eats souls. I have to go back on Monday/Tuesday. Like I am a freaking grade school teacher to do work. My life is so lame =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *am* a freaking grade school teacher and have to go back Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. grad school eats souls would be a great name for a facebook group/page.

    ReplyDelete